• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ProV1

ProV1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:54 AM

What's a good OTC spray to remove rust from the undercarriage and protect?? I've found Duplicolor RustFix, and Rustoleum primer.

#2 Amused

Amused

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:24 AM

How much rust are you talking about? I've cleaned up light patches before by sanding and applying a couple of coats of Rustoleum. If there's significant build up, you may have to bump it up to a rust converter, and I'm not sure if there are any OTC. The ones I've seen have all been online.

#3 Accumulator

Accumulator

• Members
  • 35,432 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:11 AM

I'd order stuff from some place like EASTWOOD and do it right. It's not all that hard.

At the least- clean everything as best you can, apply their Rust Encapsulator (I'd use black) and then spray their Black rustproofing stuff over top of it. Won't be much more of a job than Rustoleum but it'll hold up infinitely better.
The most interesting man in all of Autopia Land. (<--I didn't enter that!)

#4 Twister

Twister

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:59 PM

I just got my order in from RustBullit.com. I'm going to try it out this weekend and see how it does. I've used POR-15 and I didn't like all the steps needed to use it. This one is simple and I hope works out well

#5 Slickery

Slickery

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

yup- http://rustbullet.co.../Automotive.htm
I have heard nothing but good stuff about this and also similar type products, but especially this one. When I get the time I am doing my whole under carriage in this stuff, but don't expect it to be pretty just functional. Look on the site I think they have examples of it on vehicles.

Their main compitition is POR 85, here's cpmarison.
http://rustbullet.co...on/ProdComp.htm

The main differance being with this stuff there is no prep, not even sanding off the rust.
Autopia Rocks:goodjob

#6 ProV1

ProV1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:53 AM

WOW, that rustbullet stuff looks amazing. not cheap though. thanks, am ordering it today!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users