4 replies to this topic

#1 KCDoug

KCDoug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 08:58 AM

Seasons Greetings!

As a Christmas gift, my retired mom had me sent a couple of 16 oz. bottles of ZYPRO Power Shield. Don't know what possessed my mom (I use Zaino), but the bottle has a christian fish emblem, so perhaps it was some deal through her church.

At any rate, the package came with a business card from a Tom Kerdolff, Products Direct, Rogers, AR. No web address. ZYPRO calls itself a polymer paint sealant that cleans, restores & seals and goes on to say it "contains no wax, no abrasives, no free silicones." It is clearcoat safe for use on cars, boats, aircraft, aluminum, chrome, glass, fiberglass (showers) & ceramic tile. Its directions also say it works on minor surface scratches and swirl marks and that the shine increases with additional coats. It has petroleum distilates and the label warns not to use on flat black paint or black textured trim. It is a white creamy liquid similar in appearance to Nu Finish, but does not have the same strong petroleum base smell.

Couldn't find anything with search of the Autopia web site. So....anybody ever have any experience with the product? Lustre/shine, durability, etc??

Thanks for feedback.
Expert: anybody who has guessed right more than once.

#2 bretfraz

bretfraz

• Members
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 09:57 AM

This was from a search using Copernic 2001:

Zypro, Inc. Profile

Zypro, Inc.
1-3 SHIMO-MEGURO 1-CHOME
MEGURO-KU TOKYO 153-8668
JAPAN +81 3 34903171
+81 3 34903185

Zypro, Incorporated sells car spare parts and goods. It designs, operates and undertakes electrical and equipment works as well as sale of related machinery and equipment incidental to engineering construction. Other activities include sale of medical tools, clothing and other sundry goods for daily use and leasing of real property. Automobile parts and goods accounted for 92% of fiscal 1999 revenues; construction and facility work, 6% and leasing, 2%.

#3 Brad4rdHay

Brad4rdHay

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 10:42 AM

Stick with the zaino.

#4 TBone

TBone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 11:35 AM

Sounds very similiar to a product made by a company called Rolite that has a product called Rolite Premium polish and sealant. www.aircraftpolish.com

Could very well be a private labeled product. Only one way to find out if its worth more than the container it comes in !!!

TBone :)

#5 TBone

TBone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2001 - 11:49 AM

Try this. www.gwrra-regiona.org/~miss/rally/MsVendors.html

It doesn`t give much info but there is a vendor thats called Zypro Polish there. Scroll down the list of vendors until you come to Zypro. Its aboput 3/4 down the list.

TBone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users