Photo
- - - - -

How do you stop a dog from "washing" my tires?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 2500HD-Vortec

2500HD-Vortec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 02:36 PM

Does anybody know of tips/tricks or something to put on my tires to prevent a dog from peeing on my tires. It's my buddies dog and everytime I go over to his place I usually have to end up washing my tires when I get home, not going over to my friends or doing something to his dog is not really and opition. So do I just have to get used to washing my tires when I get home or is there some secret that you guys have??

#2 Brian 330Cic

Brian 330Cic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 03:46 PM

Try parking farther away.

Brian

#3 FLONI

FLONI

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 05:16 PM

you should be aware that .....that simple of an answer....given on a first reponse to a new thread....well.....that could put me out of business here at autopia....i need to ramble on a little.....suggest something like....using a little barbed wire trench device first...or maybe....a guard dog of your own...to keep an eye on the tire.....bottom line....no friend is worth this disrespect....a dog is an extension of its owner and therefore....the friendship is over....
2001 Nissan Maxima GLE

#4 bigboyhf

bigboyhf

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 07:03 PM

The guard dog approach is a valid one that I myself have used..

H

#5 Guest_01GTCOUPE_*

Guest_01GTCOUPE_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2001 - 07:09 PM

After watching countless dog training classes and learning what it takes to get a dog an obedience title, I know there is a solution here.

1. Get a six pack and give fido a full bowl of water.
2. Park your car in the dog's favorite spot.
3. Sit on the porch where you can watch it all.
4. Get your key fob and be ready to hit the alarm.
5. As soon as the chap lifts his leg, wail on the alarm!
6. Do this as often as possible to negative condition the mutt.
7. When the dog lifts his leg elsewhere, give him a praise, and maybe a beer.

Hints:
a. If you don't have a key fob alarm, get a can of compressed air.
b. Don't punish the dog, condition it. Make it wary of the CAR. Like the car is the bad guy, not YOU.
c. Don't enjoy the six pack too fast or you may beat the dog to his own trick!
d. If the dog does it to your car, others must be 'pissed' as well. So your friend should be willing to entertain your interest, in everyones' behalf.

Good Luck.

#6 Brian 330Cic

Brian 330Cic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 07:15 PM

I was not joking about parking further away. That was the only answer I had.

Most of my friends do not understand the care I take with my car, and I usually take that into consideration.

Like when we wen to lunch last week, they tried to take my antennae off. They are not malicious and think they are making a joke.

So in the future, I'll just park farther away, so they won't feel like walking all that way to pull a fast one.

Brian

#7 YoSteve

YoSteve

• Members
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 09:55 PM

I was going to say the same thing about parking further, or having another car park before yours, but didn't cause I figured I'd come up with a better solution later.

didn't get much, but here's what I got :D :

get fake fire hydrant and set it a little ways from your car :D

you take a leak on your tires and mark your territory before the dog does (that dog must have good taste in cars) if you're really talented you can start and stop 4 times (or run around) :D.

smack the dog everytimes it does this, dogs learn

good luck
Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

#8 Scottwax

Scottwax

• Members
  • 33,508 posts

Posted 12 October 2001 - 10:29 PM

Next time your friend's dog pees on your wheels, make your friend clean it up. Either he will stop inviting you over or train his dog to stop peeing on your wheels.

I have a customer whose Choclate Lab and Rotweiler would piss on my wheels. Every time they got close, I would loudly yell, "NO" and they finally figured it out. Now, I am the only one who goes to their house and doesn't get dog piss on my tires. When they even get close to my car, I stare them down and they slink away.

www.scottwax.com
I test for Optimum, Clearkote, Meguiars

Authorized Opti-Coat Pro installer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users