Rally Cream Wax

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 GoudyL

GoudyL

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

Anyone have any experiences with this wax? Just made another acession to my library of Waxes. My understanding is that is/was a Dupont product from the 1960s/1970s. :waxing:

Rally Cream Wax cleans deep and shines deep. Special blend of premium silicone and imported montan wax for a superior rich gloss. Rally glides on easily, yet removes dirty road film. Bonds on a sparkling shield of long lasting paste wax protection. Use in sun or shade, on wet or dry surfaces.

#2 BigLeegr

BigLeegr

• Members
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:42 PM

Not a pretty smelling wax. (Chemical smelling) Not overly amazing, IMO. Was a fairly cheap wax. I liked Dupont #7 liquid better, but there are much better options today.
Do you give birth to original ideas or are they all adoptions?

#3 dan46n2

dan46n2

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:56 PM

I wouldn't want a wax with silicones to get on my paint.

#4 GoudyL

GoudyL

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

I wouldn't want one without silicones on my paint. :woot2:

#5 dan46n2

dan46n2

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

I wouldn't want one without silicones on my paint. :woot2:

Why is that? Most waxes, even most car care products, today advertise they are silicone free.

#6 rydawg

rydawg

• Members
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Geesh, that was some awfull wax for it's day.
Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!
UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH
Ryan Blanchette

#7 GoudyL

GoudyL

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:44 PM

Geesh, that was some awfull wax for it's day.

Could you expand on that?

#8 rydawg

rydawg

• Members
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

Could you expand on that?

It was just awfull and loaded with the crappy harmful silicone. It will eat your paint.

I am glad those days of awfull products are over...:clap:

Well not entirely gone... There is still TW and Simonize.:sosad
Ryan Blanchette

#9 GoudyL

GoudyL

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

Why is that? Most waxes, even most car care products, today advertise they are silicone free.

Not at all, silicones are the key to a really good car wax. Ever try to use an old style pre-silicone wax? (E.g Simoniz Paste) Very hard to apply and remove, and not as durable as wax with silicones which can bond to the paint.

Technical Library

#10 GoudyL

GoudyL

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

It was just awfull and loaded with the crappy harmful silicone. It will eat your paint.

Ooooh, now I'm really interested.

#11 zmanz

zmanz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:03 PM

I can't believe they are still making it (or have a huge warehouse full of it somewhere) and I think the container still looks the same as it always did:
Posted Image
at $6 it would almost be worth buying a can just to have on the shelf for the nostalgia

#12 Darkstar752

Darkstar752

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

Not at all, silicones are the key to a really good car wax. Ever try to use an old style pre-silicone wax? (E.g Simoniz Paste) Very hard to apply and remove, and not as durable as wax with silicones which can bond to the paint.

Technical Library

You're telling this to a paint correction expert. Meanwhile all your posts I see you recommending Turtle Wax ICE or Turtle Wax Rubbing compound. Do you even have a clue about what you are talking about?

#13 rydawg

rydawg

• Members
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

You're telling this to a paint correction expert. Meanwhile all your posts I see you recommending Turtle Wax ICE or Turtle Wax Rubbing compound. Do you even have a clue about what you are talking about?

Haha.:funnypost

I don't think he realizes he is on a specific forum where most of us use high quality boutique products and take paint correction very serious.
Ryan Blanchette

#14 lawrencea

lawrencea

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

Most if not all waxes have some sort of silicone in them.

#15 ALAN81

ALAN81

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

I used it 25 years ago, BETTER products and more advanced products are out today

#16 David Fermani

David Fermani

Marketing Manager

• Moderators
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

I see you recommending Turtle Wax ICE or Turtle Wax Rubbing compound. Do you even have a clue about what you are talking about?

I don't think he realizes he is on a specific forum where most of us use high quality boutique products and take paint correction very serious.

Hard to get through someone's head when they're a Shill for Turtle Wax. They probably brainwash their people pretty good to believe their greasy, crappy products that are loaded with fillers & silicone work great. If you're going to spam a product, atleast make it a good one. :wall Pretty pathetic & embarassing IMHO. :sadwavey:

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes (since 1991)

Autopia.org.........The "ORG" stands for the "ORIGINAL" Autopia. Not the copycat PBMA AutopiaForums. Beware of imitators!!! 

Please Like Autopia's FaceBook page: http://www.facebook....ia/343081424515

MetroDetroitAutoDetailer@gmail.com

HD Detroit

#17 dan46n2

dan46n2

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:58 AM

Silicones also make repainting a car much harder for the prep work, why take that chance to get fisheyes and what not when non-silicone products these days do better.

#18 GoudyL

GoudyL

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hard to get through someone's head when they're a Shill for Turtle Wax. They probably brainwash their people pretty good to believe their greasy, crappy products that are loaded with fillers & silicone work great. If you're going to spam a product, atleast make it a good one. :wall Pretty pathetic & embarassing IMHO. :sadwavey:

Let's see now, do *any* of these three posts contribute to the topic of this thread which is learning about Rally Cream Wax? :thx

#19 David Fermani

David Fermani

Marketing Manager

• Moderators
  • 11,497 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

No more than you shilling & trolling Turtle Wax posts on this forum. Is your boss paying you overtime to market their products to car care enthusiasts who want no part in this OTC junk?

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes (since 1991)

Autopia.org.........The "ORG" stands for the "ORIGINAL" Autopia. Not the copycat PBMA AutopiaForums. Beware of imitators!!! 

Please Like Autopia's FaceBook page: http://www.facebook....ia/343081424515

MetroDetroitAutoDetailer@gmail.com

HD Detroit

#20 Darkstar752

Darkstar752

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Let's see now, do *any* of these three posts contribute to the topic of this thread which is learning about Rally Cream Wax? :thx

Well it seems that those three posts have helped everyone here learn that you are asking about a crappy product from the 60's and that you are trying to tell a forum full of paint correction experts who have many, many years of experience that Turtle Wax is a decent product. Even if you aren't telling that to people who already know Turtle Wax is ****, you are telling it to new people who came to this forum to find out what products work the best, not just ok or ******, while we have many paint correction experts who are more than willing to give advice on what has worked best on what cars since they have worked on them at a very high level. Do yourself a favor and just sit back and learn, and leave the product and advice recommendations to someone knowledgeable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users